On Tuesday, May 3, 2016 as some of you may have heard, there were several gas leaks discovered at the church, as well as our Administrative Assistant, Tammy Hoppe being transported by ambulance for carbon monoxide poisoning. Tammy was treated and released yesterday and is doing well. We had the Union City Fire Department, the Union City Police, as well as our gas utilities out to inspect the property, turn off the gas, all furnaces and water heaters and make sure it was safe. Today, Wednesday, May 4, 2016 we met with repairmen to fix the leaks and check for carbon monoxide. Once the leaks have been taken care of, our gas company will once again come out and inspect the property for safety.
The National Day of Prayer Breakfast will go on as scheduled, Thursday, May 5, at 7am. Please know we are taking the safety of everyone seriously, and at this time have been assured the building is safe to occupy.
I will send out another notice once things have been cleared to update everyone.
First Congregational UCC Church
Welcome to the First Congregational UCC Union City website. We hope this site will help you learn more about us. Our church is a joyous, grace-filled community that strives to learn about God, grow more Christ like, and promote justice and peace in the world. We believe that God is still speaking and calling us to serve, act, and grow in ways that are consistent with God's vision. We hope you will join us some Sunday to experience for yourself, the refreshment of God, the love of Christ, and the strength of community.
|8:15 am||Choir Rehearsal|
Sunday School *
|11:15 am||Coffee Hour in Social Hall|
*Nursery provided after Children's Moment for children up to age 4. Sunday School is available for children 5 and up Sept-May
Building is handicap accessible and air conditioned.
(Please note: If you would like to "pause" or turn off the music in the video below, please place your mouse over the video and you will see the options.)